In 2003, Anna founded Kinesis, a renowned and multi-faceted Physiotherapy and fitness company.
In 2011 she went back to doing what she does best as Anna Barnsley Physio; focussing on her clinical work, hands on, with her patients, mentoring staff and keeping her business client focused, which is also where she is happiest.
Anna has also recently joined BodySpace as an advisor and part of their expert health and fitness team.
‘I have been fortunate enough to have worked with many amazing people through my career (so far!) and to have experienced incredible diversity in my work, from the sweat, blood, mud and adrenalin of elite rugby to the unique buzz and privilege of taking care of pop stars on long and exhausting tours. I have experienced the bonkers but fun world of television and radio and have taught many inspiring physios on their path to deliver treatment with experience, care, conscience and expertise. But, ultimately, it’s always about the same thing. Appreciating the high of getting someone better, fitter, stronger, faster. And that’s life changing.’
Founder, Anna Barnsley Physiotherapy
Anna Barnsley, BSc (First Class Hons) MCSP
Registered with the Health Professions Council
- Owner Anna Barnsley Physiotherapy based in Chelsea and Notting Hill
- Contributing Author of Running Science, edited by Prof John Brewer.
- Consultant Editor for The Anatomy of Sports Injuries – due to be published 2021/22
- 2003-2011 Managing Director and Founder of Kinesis, a private physiotherapy, sports injuries and teaching and training centre with four London-based clinics.
- Physiotherapist to the England Under 18 Rugby Football Union Team, 1999-2005.
- Physiotherapist at Crystal Palace National Sports Injury and Physiotherapy Centre, National Centre of excellence for Sports Injuries. 2001-2004
- Physiotherapist for Robbie Williams’ Close Encounters World Tour 2006.
- Lead Physiotherapist for the Take That Progress Tour 2011
- Consultant Physiotherapist to Sky One’s ‘The Match’ the BBC ‘s ‘Hercules’, Talk Sport Radio and Sky News.
- Physiotherapist to Luther Blisset’s charity football team, Celebrities United.
- Contributor to Running Fitness Magazine and writer for The Lucozade Sports Science Academy (the LSSA)
- Member of the London Marathon expert panel for Lucozade and part of the expert panel for the Real Buzz – a London Marathon partner.
- Physiotherapist for Crystal Palace National Sports Injury and Physiotherapy Centre, National Centre of excellence for Sports Injuries. 2001-2004